|Tennessee Sales Tax Holiday|
There are a few rules, as always when the government is involved, so be sure you know them before hitting the sales to ensure a hassle free experience. A quick overview of the rules is listed below the store hours.
Stores and hours for Tennessee Tax Free Weekend (Friday, Aug 2-Sunday, Aug 4)
- Hamilton Place Mall, Friday and Saturday 9:00am to 10:00pm, Sunday 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Old Navy, Friday and Saturday 7:00am to 10:00pm, Sunday 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Kohls, Friday and Saturday 9:00am to 11:00pm, Sunday 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Staples, Friday 8:00am to 9:00pm, Saturday 9:00am to 9:00pm, Sunday 11:00am to 6:00pm (Staples is advertising a few penny items with a minimum $5.00 purchase)
- Office Depot, Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm, Saturday 9:00am to 10:00pm, Sunday 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Sports Academy, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8:00am to 10pm
- Payless, Friday and Saturday 10:00am to 9:00pm, Sunday 12:30am to 5:30pm
- Target, Friday and Saturday 800am to 11:00pm, Sunday 8:10am to 10:00pm
- Walmart, Open 24 hours
Rules and Regulations
Items that are tax free include:
$100 or less per item.
Items such as shoes, belts, pants, shirts, skirts, dresses, socks, underwear, hats, ties and coats are eligible.
Items such as accessories, jewelry, sports or recreational equipment or clothes worn for a trade or business are exempt from tax-free.
$100 or less per item
Includes typical school supplies, lunch boxes and art supplies
Not included are computer equipment, such as compact discs, ink cartridges, printers, instructional material and reference books.
Includes laptops, desk and tablet computers
Does not include computer parts, PDAs, storage media, video game consoles and printers.
For all tax exempt items, there is no requirement that purchases be made only for students. If an item is tax exempt, anyone may make the purchase tax–free.
For more information on tax exempt items, visit Tennessee's Dept of Revenue website.
|Downtown Chattanooga by Brad Snoke|